[Pdweb] please put the dev docs back

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 28 21:53:23 CEST 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:57 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Put the site back the way it was.  You have broken days and days
>> of my work without even the courtesy of asking.  Once the site is
>> back to the original, then we can talk about new ideas.
>> So this is how you repay me?  I spent many, many hours getting Gem
>
> no this is not how i _repay_ you.
> this is not connected anyhow to your very valuable work.
>
>> working on the auto-builders and you fuck up my work?  That is
>> really, really low.  I was holding on to the pure-data.info
>> because I feared
>
> i don't understand what this would have changed in the short term
> (of course the domains could have split after some time of
> discrepancy)
>
>> courage to admit you were wrong and set things right.  You're
>> still fighting.  This is a ridiculous and massive waste of time
>> and energy.
>
> currently it works as before (all the links are still valid, though
> redirected to /dev)
> i will change it today.

Thank you for putting it back, but its not all back yet.  There are
now copies of all the pages in /dev also:

https://puredata.org/dev/folder_contents

That is quite dangerous as people might edit both, then we will lose
work.  Also, I had to put back the original index page on /docs/
developer

Sorry for freaking out, but I have put so much time in that stuff,
and its not fun work.  I am just getting to the point where I can
wrap things up and get on to some interesting work, then this all
happened.  I needed to get releases out for Koray's upcoming
workshop, and some other people are counting on a new release, but
instead I spent way too long dealing with all this.