[Pdweb] puredata.info/.org

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 25 17:46:46 CET 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Steffen wrote:

> On 22/10/2006, at 0.27, Steffen wrote:
>
>> I am, when i get some time, going to make a proposal.
>
> Which is more like a humble set in-comprehensive of comments:
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/stffn/plonearticle.2006-11-23.2400947707
>
> I apologies for any possible harsh tone, it is really not intended,
> and shouldn't be taken as such.

Most of what's on that page I would say do it now, others are more
grey areas.  I think in order to make this work in the overall, we
should probably do an info-architecture style overview.  Start with a
'content audit' to see what's out there, then lay it out into a
coherent structure.  I suppose that might be more work than this, but
it would be probably more interesting work, and would produce better
results.

What would certainly help organize the site is either someone
learning how to really use Plone, like defining a small set of
content types to make adding to the site easy, or switching to Drupal
and doing the same.  (I could whip out a drupal site at this point
now that I've done a few.  I could even host it if IEM was interested)

> Just to push "this" a tad. Apropos:
>
> Ripping if the Processing site: What would be good Pd examples to
> put on the front page? I think 3-4 examples of "patches" that have
> different "qualities", and then end it with a non/meta-example that
> simply should/could tell the story, that there are lots of hands on
> examples shipped with the application - ready to check out.
>
> The qualities for a patch could be that it uses no externals, that
> it uses externals shipped in pd-extended, that it is useful for a
> musician as a part of a set up, that it could be the hole setup,
> that it is live/realtime stuff. Thats could be a lot. As long as it
> is documented w.r.t both requirements and use, i think it could go in.
>
> What do you think?

How about having guest curators from the list?  Since you are leading
the charge on this, do you want to curate some pieces for the
frontpage?  Each curator could have stuff up for a month or so.  As
for getting the curator position, we could have a page, like a wiki
or something else, where people sign up for curator slots.