[Pdweb] pd blog

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 30 20:56:32 CET 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 2:08 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> I was thinking that an easy way to have art works featured on
>> puredata.org would be to turn the front page into a blog where anyone
>> can post.  Then have people post images, etc of their works.
>>
>> That shouldn't be too hard to implement in Plone, right?
>
> It's already there with the News-section. Everyone can create a News
> item which will show up in the News box. It is worth discussing if
> this news section should become the main content of the front page,
> though.

I think the default page shouldn't be static, but something more
interesting and dynamic, like the "news" page.  "news" might not be
the best term for it.  But I suppose if we just start posting works
on the news page, and make it easy for anyone to do so, then people
will do it.

Or it could be curated if someone wants to curate that page.

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic