[Pdweb] pd blog

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Dec 1 13:35:52 CET 2006

On 30/11/2006, at 20.56, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think the default page shouldn't be static, but something more
> interesting and dynamic, like the "news" page.  "news" might not be
> the best term for it.  But I suppose if we just start posting works
> on the news page, and make it easy for anyone to do so, then people
> will do it.

I was thinking somewhat the same regarding bloging on the website,
since it could give the site more life. I also agree that the front
page shouldn't be static and the same as the About page.

If it could be implemented in Plone, fine. An alternative would be
that folks could add to a rss feed or that the website could kind of
assemble a set of personal rss feeds.

> Or it could be curated if someone wants to curate that page.

Then the example "showcase" would be superfluous. It might be
anyways, if the blog-idea is realized.

The good thing (tm) regarding makeing it blog'ish is that people will
actively do something to make the site live since it will display
there work. The bad thing is that it no doubt will be a mess in some
sense. Even if there were made a detailed guideline for what a post
ideally would consist of (fx documentation of some sort given the
kind of content) it would not last if not actively moderated by some
one or some "group". However, that "mess" might  be a good price for
activity, hence promotion, on the site.