[Pdweb] Re: [pd] a simple, user friendly place to post and link to patches, externals, libraries, etc.

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Dec 6 04:46:32 CET 2006

Taking this to pd-web at iem.at instead of keeping it on the list...

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 08:36:11AM -0500, marius schebella wrote:
> I strongly support that idea too!
> youtube for pd patches. and having a button inside your pd pulldownmenu
> that says "publish on you-pd.org" which would make it a one klick
> action. if we have a standardized description line inside the patch it
> could be easily parsed into a web description...
> what I also was thinking of for a while now, (and some people already
> work in a similar direction) is a virtual place to jam together.
> marius.

So maybe rather than, or as well as a 'curated' Pd website, we could have
some kind of a web log/rss feed anybody can easily post patches and tunes,
and others can easily follow the action by subscribing to the feed or
visiting the website often. We could even have this content CC'ed to a
special high-attachment-volume mailing list that people could subscribe
to if they prefer to receive this kind of thing by mail. What do you
think, Steffen? How hard would it be to knock this into the existing
Plone framework, or should it be started as a separate site?

> but... many patches are written for a special situation or for a special
> hw setup.

Then those people shouldn't post their patch to the feed, I guess. Or
they can but with caveats.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx