[Pdweb] Re: [pd] a simple, user friendly place to post and link to patches, externals, libraries, etc.

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Dec 6 05:36:18 CET 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:45:02PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
>
> >So? pdweb is the more appropriate place for this discussion now that
> >people have said they think it's a good idea on the main list. Wouldn't
> >you say?
>
> It's not a matter of what's on-topic, it's a matter of who you reach. I
> think that there's a lot of people on pd-list who don't even know that
> pdweb exists.

Exactly. It's a matter of who I reach. The people who aren't subscribed
to the pdweb list don't want to be reached by people who want to talk
about the implementation details of the way in which Pd is represented
on the web. That's why I am not sending the message to them, but to the
people who do want to be reached for those kinds of topics (because
they're subscribed to the pdweb list).

If you're worried that those people on pd-list might actually be
interested in pdweb topics, why don't you send a message to the main
list encouraging people to subscribe to the pdweb list?

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx