[Pdweb] Re: weblog at puredata.info

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jan 17 16:29:05 CET 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 5:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> ugur guney wrote:
>>
>>     otoh, i am always happy if i get people testing new features;
>>     any feedback is welcome
>>

>> # Of cource. You can ask to beta test anything.
>
> good, so here we go:
> i have setup another test blog called "EasyBlog".
> while this blog is far more complicated than the other product you
> already experienced, it also offers a lot of functionality that i
> would
> like to see in a blog
> most prominent:
>  multiple users writing in one blog
>  sorting by category
>  sorting by users
>  RSS feeds
>
> i am not sure whether the EasyBlog supports by-user sorting out of the
> box, but the rest is definitely provided (however the RSS feeds are
> not
> visible by default; you have to append /easyblog_rss to the link to
> get it)
>
> everyone authenticated can (should be able to) add new entries to the
> blog. anonymous can only add comments and they have to prove that they
> are real via captchas.
>
> it would be nice if you could have a look at it at
> http://puredata.info/Members/zmoelnig/my-easyblog

It seems that the URL changed:

http://puredata.info/Members/zmoelnig/testing/my-easyblog/

I think the most imporatant feature in the blog would be the ability
to _easily_ embed images into the posts.  This is for the showcase of
works.  Other than that, it would be nice to be able to embed video,
mp3s, flash, etc. in blog posts.  But that can be a pain, so I don't
think that's essential.

.hc