[Pdweb] Re: weblog at puredata.info

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed Jan 17 21:51:43 CET 2007

On 17/01/2007, at 17.42, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> I think the most imporatant feature in the blog would be the
>> ability to
>> _easily_ embed images into the posts.  This is for the showcase of
>> works.  Other than that, it would be nice to be able to embed video,
>
> personally i am not totally convinced that the entire homepage
> should be
> a blog.
>
> however, i see that it might be nice to add images

I think it would be a great help to have inline images in especially
a showcase. Indeed an images-less showcase is possible, but it would
appear with out much catchy juice. And the catchy juice, i think, is
a great help to achieve the the goal of a showcase, namely to bring
the easy knowledge of what kind of things that can be done with Pd to
those who aren't deed into it in the fist place. Blog-form or not.

> the only way i know of is to put an image somewhere else and
> include it

That should be sufficient? I mean, the blog or what ever wouldn't be
able to guess what picture the writer wants to put inline, so some
activity of getting that specific images displayed is required anyway.

As i'm at it: another thing i think would be of great benefit in this
direction is to also redesign the frontpage such that it (directly)
points to the showcase and the about page and the "getting Pd"
section (and still have the news section, of cause, so it makes four
bits), where the "getting Pd" section is a altered version of the
current Download section where there is more focus on the different
posable settings one (users) can have Pd.

The first demand s some knowledge of Plone, which i don't have. The
second im planing to write in the hopes it will/can be used(?).