[Pdweb] Re: Proposal wrt. guide new users with silk gloves

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Mon Jan 29 18:18:16 CET 2007

Hallo Steffen!

> The About section, which i'd like to expand into three parts.
[...]
>  3) a page describing the goods in the Pd shop (vanilla, pd-extended,
> devel, externals, abstractions, pddp, etc). This section in particular i
> think new users would benefit from knowing from the start. i wish i did.

yes, I think this should go into the documentation section - and also
linked from the download section or something like that - so that you
know what you want to download and how to use it ...

(okay, you said something similar too ... ;)

> It would be nice to know what you folks think about these ideas. Fx. how
> does this fit with what the you'd like to see happen?

Very nice - I think this is very important!
I will also try to help with the documentation for libdir and etc. when
I get it running ... ;)

@IOhannes:
Is it possible to set the rights in these sections, so that we can
modify puredata.org like this ?

Or maybe as a general question, is it good to let all registered people
edit these pages ?

LG
Georg