[Pdweb] Re: Proposal wrt. guide new users with silk gloves

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 30 09:14:10 CET 2007

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo Steffen!
>
> @IOhannes:
> Is it possible to set the rights in these sections, so that we can
> modify puredata.org like this ?
>
> Or maybe as a general question, is it good to let all registered people
> edit these pages ?

right, we should find a consensus about this before i open the page.

ideas:
1) totally open page: everybody registered can write (add/modify/delete)
everything everywhere, including the private section of the members
2) open page: everybody registered can write (a/m/d) in all sections BUT
the members folders.
3) closed page: only "certain" members can edit the non-members areas

i personally favour #3
(#1 being a bit risky; for #2 i'd have to invest administrative
thinking, which i'd rather not)
HOWEVER: (in #3) most of the sections like ./doc ./dev and the like
should really become collections of stuff that is spread over the site
(like the /community/patches), so people can really contribute without
too much bureaucracy....

anyhow, whichever security model is chosen, it should be discussed here.

mfga.sdr.
IOhannes