[Pdweb] Re: Proposal wrt. guide new users with silk gloves

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Tue Jan 30 18:52:01 CET 2007

Hallo!

>> ideas:
>> 1) totally open page: everybody registered can write (add/modify/delete)
>> everything everywhere, including the private section of the members
>> 2) open page: everybody registered can write (a/m/d) in all sections BUT
>> the members folders.
>> 3) closed page: only "certain" members can edit the non-members areas
>
> I also prefer 3), but with a few trivial extensions. As i see it, the
> site is now divided into tree parts: a) the members pages, b) the wiki
> pages and c) the non-wiki pages, where b) and c) are non-members pages.
> Hence the wee extension would be:

I am for 2 - I think it's the easiest way, so we don't need more special
extensions and whatever ...

> To make it consistent with how the CVS repo works, people would then
> have to apply to be one of those "certain" members, that can edit the
> non-wiki pages.

But I think this border to apply is too complicated - e.g. I have some
time today at night and I am not registered and want to write a small
addition to the page - then I don't wait until I'm registered and then
maybe in a week I will continue ... I don't do it !

(I think it's different with the code in cvs ...)

Why should this be too open ? - If we see that there are problems we can
undo the change ...

LG
Georg