[Pdweb] Re: Proposal wrt. guide new users with silk gloves

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 5 11:28:20 CET 2007

marius schebella wrote:
> hi,
> can I join the discussion?
> I think the front page and main pages should only be editable by
> webadmins. members should be able to edit their own page.
> the rest could be the open section (wiki like). esp. documentation,
> forums, groups, concerts, links should be open for all registered users.
> plus again my proposal for a youtube like upload section for videos (+
> autoconvert module for movie, avi, mp4), sounds (mp3, ogg), pictures,
> patches, abstractions, externals, settings for patches (like sequencer
> files). including free tagging/labeling.

i don't think we (the iem) can offer the ressources for a "youtube like
upload section" (but i might be wrong).
the usual way this is handled by externalizing the resource-hogs (put
movies on youtube, put images on flickr, put installers on sourceforge -
and reference from your site to this content)

mfg.a
IOhannes

> I learned about drupal and think, it would be an alternative or possible
> addition to plone.

to acchieve what exactly? (i'm just curious)

mf.adsr
IOhannes