[Pdweb] Proposal: Pd Exhibition

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Mar 30 10:28:19 CEST 2007

On 29/03/2007, at 16.09, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Steffen wrote:
>>
>> On 29/03/2007, at 13.42, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>
>>> so what am i supposed to do?
>>
>> In short, what I'veporposed/asked for wrt the "server" is write
>> access
>> to the following folders:
>>
>> ./exhibition/
>> ./community/projects/exhibition/
>
> ok
>

>> and a email alias/forward to me (this sender address) named
>> (exhibition@<pd-community-domain>).
>
> ok (i have set this up and additionally directed this email to the new
> address)
>
>> Note that write access and email alias are subject to chang when
>> someone
>
> the former is simpler to manage (directly via the portal)
> to change the email-alias (currently) ssh access is needed (which is
> suboptimal, as it involves necessary interaction by the iem people)
>
> nevertheless, it's ok for now.

Thanks for setting it up!

> one thing that comes to my mind: once there was a DoS-attack to
> puredata.info via SMTP. i temporarily closed port:25 (since it was not
> needed anyhow), but it is now open again.
>

>> else take over the organizer role. - I'm not running way, just
>> stating.
>

>> Sorry. My username at the community website is stffn.
>>

> basically my email was just a rant about not knowing which user we are
> talking about.

I hope it is clear enough now.

> anyhow:
> i have now (mis)used the "reviewer" group to also be "curator" of the
> portal.
> so any members of this group have special privileges in the 2
> exhibition
> folders (apart from being reviewer on the rest of the portal)
>
> being reviewer adds a little extra work: whenever a user "commits" a
> page to be published, the reviewer(s) get a notification and can
> really
> publish this content (at their own will; they can also just ignore the
> request).

I don't feel i totally understand this. Maybe due to my lack of
knowledge of the wiki system. I hope it comes.

> tell me if everything works as expected, especially adding a wikipage.

I can create wiki pages and the emails get through. So that's good. I
will properly have more questions about things. I hope to solve
things along the way.

> (btw, what is wrong with wiki-pages being called FrontPage? this is
> just
> as standard as an html-page being called index.html)

Did i say that? I don't know that standard, but i guess it's ok. What
i may have said in a former email was maybe about having a headline/
header called FrontPage in all folders. It would be like haveing the
first headline in each chapter in a book called \\Begin\{Chapter\}
instead of something that relates to the content of that specific
chapter. IMO.