[Pdweb] WikiWiki is not that limited...

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Mar 30 12:32:34 CEST 2007

On 30/03/2007, at 11.23, Winfried Ritsch wrote:

>  A ZWiki in Folder with all configuration options, restricting
> Formats etc is
> quite a mess to set up, since you have all to read The ZWiki docs at
> zwiki.org. So I just tested ZWiki-Folder
> http://plone.org/products/zwikifolder/ with has a nice gui for that.

No objections from me.

Two question, which might be related:

1) Is there a way to include a wiki page in the menu as folders can
be excluded?

To exclude (or include an already excluded folder) one go to the
properties from the menu and choose "Exclude from navigation". But
there is no such properties menu point for wiki pages.

2) Is it possible to set a given wiki page as "default view" (i
trying to speak the Plone lingo) such that the give wiki page is
displayed when entering a folder instead of FrontPage. In the display
menu-tap there is a "change content item as default view".  But
choosing it gives the a page saying:
"Select default page
Please select item which will be displayed as the default page of the
folder.
There are no items in this folder that can be selected as a default
view page."

I'm sorry to be a pain.

This is of cause related to setting up Exhibition. I can think of
workaround for 1), which is to make folders instead of wiki pages. So
it's not a biggie. But it still leave me with a desire to redirect,
which incase of the folder solution will need to point (in) to a
folder. Maybe redirections is bad karma after all. And other things
can be done. Hence I'm not asking changes to the site as is; I'm just
asking If-how questions.

Best, Steffen