[Pdweb] WikiWiki is not that limited...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Mar 30 13:05:02 CEST 2007

Am Freitag, 30. März 2007 12:32 schrieb Steffen:
> On 30/03/2007, at 11.23, Winfried Ritsch wrote:
> >  A ZWiki in Folder with all configuration options, restricting
> > Formats etc is
> > quite a mess to set up, since you have all to read The ZWiki docs at
> > zwiki.org. So I just tested ZWiki-Folder
> > http://plone.org/products/zwikifolder/ with has a nice gui for that.
>
> No objections from me.

ok.

> Two question, which might be related:
>
> 1) Is there a way to include a wiki page in the menu as folders can
> be excluded?
>
> To exclude (or include an already excluded folder) one go to the
> properties from the menu and choose "Exclude from navigation". But
> there is no such properties menu point for wiki pages.

As far I understand we can include all wiki-pages in an navigation or none,
since wikipages have no worklfow and no properties-page the answer is no.

> 2) Is it possible to set a given wiki page as "default view" (i
> trying to speak the Plone lingo) such that the give wiki page is
> displayed when entering a folder instead of FrontPage. In the display
> menu-tap there is a "change content item as default view".  But
> choosing it gives the a page saying:
> "Select default page
> Please select item which will be displayed as the default page of the
> folder.
> There are no items in this folder that can be selected as a default
> view page."

in the dropdown within the editform should be "display->select a content item
as default view" or so and you just select one,... lets try..., hmm maybe not
because ZWiki is not a AT-Type,
but in the ZWikiFolder i think is a entry for that.

> I'm sorry to be a pain.

no problem.

> This is of cause related to setting up Exhibition. I can think of
> workaround for 1), which is to make folders instead of wiki pages. So
> it's not a biggie. But it still leave me with a desire to redirect,
> which incase of the folder solution will need to point (in) to a
> folder. Maybe redirections is bad karma after all. And other things
> can be done. Hence I'm not asking changes to the site as is; I'm just
> asking If-how questions.

Maybe you just make a starting exhibition page in a private folder in your
home, with a ZWikiFolder and then we move it to the right place.

mfg winfried

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.eu.gpg.net/)