[Pdweb] Exhibition Update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 10 22:45:09 CEST 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Steffen wrote:

> On 05/04/2007, at 5.55, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Yay, progress!
>
> More progress.
>
> As put in the proposal "internal" stuff is located '/community/
> projects/exhibition' where as the "public" stuff lives in '/
> exhibition'.
>
> I've edited the Organizing wiki page <http://puredata.info/
> community/projects/exhibition/Organizing/>. If there are errors or
> unclearness, please correct it or let me know about it.

This looks quite good so far. Perhaps the schedule should be its own
page, for the sake of clarity.

> TODO:
>
> - Next up is to make a "test" exhibition. This is both to make the
> Template wiki as well as to test that "public part" works as it
> should.

Good idea.  Perhaps there could also be an example template to show
off some of the formatting possibilities.

> - After that i'll try to pitch Exhibition on the pd-list to make
> more people aware of it. Hopefully make some folks interested in
> being curators. In that sales pitch i'll include some possible
> exhibition themes to ease things up.

Sounds good.

> - Mean while i'll update the ToBeFrontPage <http://puredata.info/
> exhibition/ToBeFrontPage> till it's nice (what ever that means),
> and the rename it FrontPage such that it will be the actual
> frontpage - ie the wiki page that the browser is directed to when
> pointed to the /exhibition folder. I curently can not manually
> point it to other wiki pages, hence not manually point it to a to-
> be-current-exhibition. This might involve wee changes to the dir
> layout in the '/exhibition' folder. If so I'll of cause let y'all
> know though here as well as edit the "What's Where" section of the
> Organizing wiki <http://puredata.info/community/projects/exhibition/
> Organizing#ww>.

Sounds good.

> - Then it's go-go. People can add them self to take curator slots.
> And we see how it all goes.
>
> Thanks for reading.

Glad to see you are cranking on this, seems like we'll have en
exhibition soon enough!

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli