[Pdweb] Exhibition Update

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Apr 10 23:19:02 CEST 2007

On 10/04/2007, at 22.51, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> I think the idea is that /exhibition is the actual exhibition, while
>> /community/projects/exhibition is the documentation.  Perhaps it
>> should
>> be in /docs/exhibition.
>>

> i do not understand this artificial boundary between exhibition and
> its
> documentation.
> what's the point of keeping them separate?
> wouldn't it be far nicer to make the exhibition be the
> documentation of
> itself?

Yes, the idea was as Hans said with only the one addition that in
the /community/projects/exhibition there is not only documentation
but also the organization (the schedule for example) of the project.

Since there is more in there then documentation i don't think it
should live in /docs/.

Since it's not dev like, but rather really is a community project, i
found that hosting the documentation and organization bits in /
community/projects/ was quite (and most) natural.

I am aware that this argument bit it self in it's tale as then the
"output", the actual exhibition, should "naturally" also live in /
community/project/. But, as argued in the proposal (or was it one of
the email that lead to the proposal), that would be hiding the
exhibition too much (to my taste). If this exhibition project succeed
I really think it will be very valuable addition to the Pd community.

That is why i found that putting the actual exhibition closer to
documentroot would be o.k. even when the documentation and
organization parts would live in /community/projects/ since
"closeness" to that "position" adds to the value of the project.

If it itches too much it (the documentation and organizing stuff) can
be moved - of cause.

But it's not a technical reason that motivates it? The (re-)direct
thing was 'from /exhibition to /exhibition/vol-#' rather then 'from /
exhibition to /exhibition/FrontPage'. And also, the (re-)direct issue
is not dead necessary but rather just nice-to-have.

Best, Steffen

PS. IOhannes, i've just been hitting reply-all; wasn't meaning to
sent the email(s) specifically to you. You just happened to be about.
I though the mail list software too care to multiple emails. Or is
another matter?