[Pdweb] a place for ... GEM

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Jun 13 09:43:32 CEST 2007

Hallo!

> well, as asiad in previous emails: the good thing about plone is, that
> it has a wiki.
> so people can do sophisticated stuff with it if they are willing to get
> into it, or just use simple things they already know.

I am also not such a fan of all the plone stuff but I don't think that
changing to an other CMS would make sense ...

>> As for the downloads page, I am currently the maintainer and I really
>> see no advantage to changing it.  If you want to add the plone
>> software center as an additional thing, that's fine by me.
[...]
> the main problem with the downloads section is, however, that there is
> no place where people are allowed to put their packages. (though they
> can easily add their package to the enumeration, once they have found a
> place for it).

yes ...
There should also be a place to download externals and patches and
whatever ... (maybe also taken from the autobuilds as frank suggested
some time ago ?)

Look e.g. at plone.org/products - there all the products (=
externals/abstractions in pd world) are managed in a nice way ...

LG
Georg