[Pdweb] wiki syntax for puredata.info

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Sep 25 21:32:17 CEST 2007

Hey,

Would anyone here refuse to give up Structured Text or rST?  I find
them both really difficult to work with, even in external editors.  I
find it a massive pain in the ass that a small syntax error (i.e. an
extra space) on the bottom of the page can change the formatting in
other parts of the page.  Also, having to make a blank line between
each element, (i.e. headers, paragraphs, bullets, etc) makes for
really spread out code.

Right now, puredata.info is a mix of 4 different syntaxes: plain
text, HTML, ST, and rST.  I think this is a useless barrier that
prevents people from contributing.  I would like to propose we choose
one syntax (or maaaybe two) for the whole site, including pages,
wikis, etc.

I think that plain text should be one since anyone can do it (I could
be convinced ot use HTML instead of plain text).  Then I think that
MoinMoin should be the other, since its very close to MediaWiki,
which is what pdpedia is based on, and is easy and a broad standard.

I've brought this up before, but I don't think anything happened, so
I thought I'd try again :D

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pdweb/2006-10/000423.html

----

publicity.          - Bill Moyers