[Pdweb] Pd-FAQ [was; Re: puredata.org survey]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 22 00:30:16 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> MediaWiki is really good at TOCs... MoinMoin isn't so nice.

MoinMoin normally has a macro: [[TableOfContents]] but I didn't manage
to make it work on the site. Probably there's some trick one needs to
use.

> So far, we've had very few contributors to puredata.org, so if you
> are going to maintain the FAQ, then I'm fine if use reST.  We'll see
> if people contribute...
>
> IOhannes' method looks intriguing, but I would like to see things on
> puredata.org be very easy to use, rather than more efficient for a
> manager.  If it's setup for a manager, then only the manager is
> going  to ever use it.  If it can be made really easy, so that you
> don't  need to read any docs to use it, then it's the best of all
> worlds.

I think, for a FAQ all that is needed is just a macro which collects
headlines, like MoinMoin's [[TableOfContents]] or reST's "..
contents::" The current FAQ doesn't use neither of these, which makes
editing harder than necessary and errorprone, as internal references
need to be managed manually.

Ciao