[Pdweb] Pd-FAQ [was; Re: puredata.org survey]

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 22 20:39:51 CEST 2007

Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 22/10/2007, at 11.34, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> a note on layout:
>> i think that the faq should be directly in ./docs/faq and not in
>> ./doc/faq/faq-pd/...)
>
> problem is the there something called ./docs/FAQ which is the GEM faq.

hmm, but the GEM FAQ is somewhere else, so i don't really understand the
problem.

> That would also reflect the layout (and contents) of ./docs/manuals

by accident (well, i happened to be in the ./docs section today) i
stumbled across the ./docs/manual.

it consisted of 3 entries:
- Pd manual
- Gem manual (empty)
- pure-data.org manual (empty, but the description has obviously bee
last updated when pure-data.org was still relevant which is some years ago)

i have updated the sections (added puredata.info and put a link to the
"site docs" in there, so there is at least some valuable information if
you go there; fixed pure-data.org; added a link in the "Gem manual" to
actually point to the Gem manual)

all in all i don't think we have to stick to the layout of docs/manuals/
because of it's wide acceptance :-)

fgmadsr.
IOhannes