[Pdweb] Pd-FAQ [was; Re: puredata.org survey]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 22 22:01:07 CEST 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:48 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> i think that it is not a good thing to have different text formats in
>> the same section.  I think each section should have a specific
>> format.
>> This makes it much more maintainable.  If the wysiwyg editor works
>> well,
>> which I hear it does, then it could be any format really.
>>

> well i don't know whether it's a good thing or not; i can live with
> both.
>
> however: the wysiwyg editor _only_ works with HTML (if you do wysiwyg
> you usually don't care anyhow what the generated code looks like);
> so if
> the wysiwyg is used, the format is fixed.
>
> AND: the use of the wysiwyg editor is a per-user preference.
> so all users that have opted in to use Kupu for HTML-editing
> automatically have the wysiwyg editor when they edit an HTML-page.
> (i have to check what happens if they edit something else)
> all others will have HTML-code to read
>
> and finally: there is no way to enforce the use of a certain markup
> in a
> subdirectory.
> so it is all based on the goodwill of the users.

Can you set the default?  With "wiki folders", you can control which
syntaxes are used.  This isn't available elsewhere?

.hc

> mfg.asdr
> IOhannes

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith