[Pdweb] /docs/tutorial (Was: Re: Pd-FAQ)

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Oct 22 22:28:43 CEST 2007

On 22/10/2007, at 21.50, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> pdpedia is meant to be an encyclopedia, like wikipedia.  So
> tutorials would probably not fit there well.

OK.

> But I think we should also let pdpedia take its own shape.

OK.

The thing is one can take a Pd tutorial are morph if such that is has
the form of a *pedia entry. The form would be different but not the
content.

> More importantly, I think Pd tutorials should be based around
> interactive Pd patches, so that wouldn't work with a wiki either.

Yeah, i know you feel that way. And i tend to like that too. Mainly
since the tutorials then can be maintained in CVS.

But 'more importantly,' ;) some people like to (and do) write up a
tutorial in a non-interactive manner and some write up tutorial in a
non-interactive manner and support them with interactive examples.
Those tutorials are great value too, but i/you/anyone might not know
about it if it wasn't for a link form ./docs/tutorials -- i.e. ./docs/
tutorials can for a hub for such tutorials.

Thats one of the things meant about free-from the other is that
people can host the tutorials where ever they want, they don't need
to host it on puredata.info.