[Pdweb] plone Redirection Tool

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 30 13:34:33 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I (re?)installed the Redirection Tool in Plone today and tried to get it
> to work.  Its not easy to get going.  I was trying to use it so that we
> can organized some of the random pages better, but not break old links.
> Anyone know how to use it?

this is what it says in the product description (available on the
webinterface where you installed the product:

<snip>
Using The RedirectionTool

To use this product, simply click on the aliases tab in any plone
content type and type the alternative Short Name or an absolute path
where this alias should exist.
</snip>

and indeed it's as easy as it says.

apart from that i vaguely remember that i uninstalled the product after
some discussion on this list (or pd-list).
cannot find it now, though.

fgmasdr
IOhannes