[Pdweb] puredata.info robots.txt disallows everything

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jul 1 03:42:36 CEST 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 11:26 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-06-28 20:01, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I'm sure the robots are also interested in not constantly pulling 4GB
>> files down, I imagine they try to avoid that.
>
> but usually they don't really check.

A robot can easily drop the download once its gotten a few megs.  Are
you sure that the bots are actually downloading the whole file?  I
doubt they do.

>> I'm fine with a text only robots but it seems not worth the effort
>> and I
>> wouldn't know how to do it.  I do know that I have many gigs of
>> files on
>> my own website, and robots are constantly hitting it.  My site is
>> hosted
>> on my home internet connection and I have never noticed a problem
>> with
>> robots.
>

> that might be the clue: on your homeinternet connection you might
> never
> get into the range of (D)DoS.

Um, why not? There is no magic to home internet connections that
protects them from DDoS.

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf