[Pdweb] aggregating RSS feeds

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Oct 24 01:03:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

Does the zope/plone/whatever-it-is backend of puredata.info have the
capability to aggregate external RSS feeds, either natively or with a
plugin?  I think it could be nice to have an aggregate of those sites
that don't want to be hosted on puredata.info, but that still want to
make their content available to puredata.info readers.  Obviously it
would be bad form to aggregate sites that don't want that, for example:
excerpt from Planet Haskell FAQ:
"""
To get a blog added, send email to [snip] and provide evidence that the
blog author consents to this (easiest is to get the author send the
email, but any credible method suffices).
"""
-- http://planet.haskell.org/faq.html

This mail inspired by:

irc.freenode.net/dataflow 2010-10-23
23:16 < asal> hi, is there a list of pd blogs that i can suggest to my
students ?
23:30 < gustonegro> asal: I don't know if there are blogs, but there is
the mailing list, the web ring, and a bunch of video tutorials online if
you type in "puredata" in youtube
23:31 < gustonegro> asal: also the mother website, http://puredata.info/
23:32 < asal> thx I have already written those, I just wanted to check
if there is a list of blogs of people who use puredata
23:34 < ClaudiusMaximus> asal: you could start such a list if you don't
find one; my pd blog is here: http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/cm/pd.html
23:36 < ClaudiusMaximus> asal: maybe it would be worth writing to the
pd-web list to see if puredata.info has the technical capability to
aggregate rss feeds, too
23:36 < asal> ClaudiusMaximus : thx , that is exactly what i am looking for.