[Pdweb] proposed simplification of "Software" page

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Nov 12 20:50:11 CET 2010

On Nov 12, 2010, at 1:00 PM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 11/08/2010 05:12 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I think we should shift the downloads page to the nice Software page
>> that IOhannes set up. I think we need to simplify it a bit to make it
>> easier to understand.  Here's what I propose:
>>
>> - rename "stand-alone products" to "Applications"
>
> sounds good.
>
>> - remove "frameworks" and "graphics" and put all libraries into
>> "libraries and externals"
>
> sounds good.
>
> done.
>
> i have also a suggestion:
>
> how about redirecting "software.puredata.info" to the software page?
> (open for better names; the idea is to short down the URL)

How about:
download.puredata.info
get.puredata.info

Also, what about making the main URL of the software page be http://puredata.info/downloads
  That'll take a bit of migration work, but I am willing to help do
that.  That's more of a long term plan.

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman