[Pdweb] proposed simplification of "Software" page

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 3 16:37:40 CET 2010

On Dec 3, 2010, at 8:33 AM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 08:09 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I'm ok with switching now, as long as we recognize we still need to
>> change somethings.
>
> sounds great.
> but if do recognize things that need to change we should enumerate
> them
> now, else they will be forgotten and/or never fixed.
>
> btw, are you referring to the "contributed builds"? (as i don't know
> anything else that is still in need to be done)
> if so, i would welcome your comment on my suggestions.

Here's some things that I think could be improved:

- distinct contributed builds

- better layout on the main screen, like perhaps take away the dates
and put a little version of the project's icon.

- a top section for people just getting started to point to Pd-
extended as the easiest place to start.  Right now the page works very
well for people already using Pd, but is probably confusing for
someone just starting.

But I have no particular deadlines for these, I just wanted to make
sure this page didn't get locked down, thereby preventing such changes
in the future.