[Pdweb] proposed simplification of "Software" page

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Feb 16 04:52:14 CET 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-11-12 20:50, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Also, what about making the main URL of the software page be
>> http://puredata.info/downloads That'll take a bit of migration
>> work, but
>> I am willing to help do that.  That's more of a long term plan.
>
> in case nobody noticed it: the portal tab "download pd" no directs to
> "http://download.puredata.info", which is the software page.
>
> the old "http://puredata.info/downloads" is still in place and
> functional

I noticed, that's good, thanks.  Now we just need to make some kind of
newbie-friendly banner on the new downloads page that links to Pd-
extended, and then point http://puredata.info/downloads to the new
downloads page.

How does that sound?

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill