[Pdweb] Pd web site architecture

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 19 12:04:28 CET 2012

Le 16/02/12 03:45, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> I think you should take on the structure of the /community/ section and try to make it clearer.  You probably should check with other people who have contributed to that section, but don't let that hold you back.
Yes it's a nice idea to have one people in charge of one section.
I can handle the "community" section if it's a problem for nobody.
My thoughts about it:

* It could be organized this way:

community
- mailing list (page)
- forums (page)
- IRC (page)
- conventions (folder)
- meetings (folder)
- member downloads (folder?)

- the "software" and "exhibition" must get out of this section cause
they are important topics, and have specific tabs in the menus.
- Pd art / Pd music / tracks / ... should go into the "exhibition"
- patchings circles and local pd groups can be subsection of a bigger
"meetings" category.
- member downloads should include pd patches / projects that doesn't
take the shape of librairies.

* every sub section must have a formatted page, even if it's a folder

* creating folder should be disabled for standard members to prevent
having a complex menu on the left. but users may create page/content in
the member download / meetings / convention topics.

* users can edit all pages. except maybe the "community" one.

* How can I easily know who has worked in that section? when i hit
"history" i only have a possiblity to reverse the last edit.

* I was wandering if there is an easy possiblity to get rid of the
"Frontpage" title, i've tested to create a page for my profile and to
display it instead of the folder listing:
http://puredata.info/Members/nixhol
it's working well, what is the difference with, for example the
community folder?
http://puredata.info/community

What do you think?
Best,