[Pdweb] community section modifications

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 26 21:27:10 CET 2012

i answer in the mail

Le 26/02/12 20:06, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> Sounds good overall, thanks for taking this on, I think it will be a big improvement!  Just a couple of small details, I wrote comments inline below:
>
> On Feb 26, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
>
>> * move the organization folder and the patching circles wikis in a common "meetings" folder.
> I think that 'meetings' isn't quite the right word.  To me, it sounds like meetings at work.  Perhaps 'Meet-ups'?  'Local Groups'?
"local groups" sounds good. There is still a last thing I'm not sure how
to manage. How the wiki hierarchy is created? For example here in the
community folder, "Patching Circles" is a subtopic, and then "London
patching Circle" a subsubtopic. How is this created? Do I destroy this
hierarchy if i move all the wikis pages in another folder?
>> * Remove the "Projects" folder, for that
>> - remove the automatic listing of "Project" tag (why is this listing different projects when we are logged in?)
> I think the difference is due to the publication status of the various pages.
you must be right.
>> - move the "Software" to a root "/software" folder
> The software section is currently aliased to /downloads/ so I think it should be moved there, then we can make /community/projects/software/ an alias for /downloads/
>
> http://puredata.info/downloads/
sure.
>> - what is the state of the exhibition folder here only accessible to members?? Is it somehow related to the root "exhibiton" folder or can it be simply deleted
> Where is this, I don't see it?
here:
http://puredata.info/community/projects/exhibition/
it's listed in the projects folder only where you are logged in.

>> Can one of the other admin do the most dangerous part:
>> - move the "community/projects/software" folder to a root "/software" folder
>> and adding a redirection from community/projects/software to that folder?
> I can take this on.
cool!

Thanks for your answers.
Best,