[Pdweb] moving /community/projects/software to /downloads/

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Mar 2 19:02:49 CET 2012

On Mar 2, 2012, at 8:43 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2012, at 7:47 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>
>> On 03/02/12 09:54, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>>>>
>>> i have disabled the apache rewrite of /downloads/ for now.
>>> nowadays, i think using plone-redirects is a bad idea and makes more
>>> problems than it solves. therefore i'd rather go with apache-rewrites,
>>> which are very easy to maintain.
>>
>> and i have now moved the the downloads section to /downloads and activated an apache-rewrite from /communicty/projects/software to there...
>
> Thanks for doing the move.  What problems do the Plone DTML Redirects cause?  So far I haven't seen any.  They have the big advantage of anyone admin being able to edit them.  Only you can edit the apache rewrite rules.

The redirect doesn't seem to work at all, neither of these work for me:

http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/
http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/motex

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne