[Pdweb] from scott - Exhibition page particulars and design ideas

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 12 14:28:30 CET 2012

The grid idea sounds good, something like this?
http://processing.org/exhibition/

I think the exhibition page will require some python customization, I think want we want is called a Template, but I could be wrong:
http://plone.org/products/plonetemplates

.hc

On Mar 12, 2012, at 8:36 AM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> nice one, thanks. Where are the thumbnails?
>
> I also had a similar idea about the Exhibition page, grid-like layout, pretty classical but nice.
> However, I can't do that with css only as Plone uses tables.. (aarrrrrrgghhh)
>
> So, I will have to look into this and figure out something.
> You mentioned an addon to modify only a single page, do you have a link?

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Scott R. Looney <scottrlooney at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey there - i don't know why i decided to stay up and do this after i said i was too busy, but i've now made thumbnails for every listed project in the Exhibitions, ready to upload and deploy to the submission page.
>
> what i propose is to place the images in a grid style, with brief text below. clicking on either the image or the text will then send you to the defined Exhibition subpage for that entry. so we need a way to distribute a bunch of thumbnail images with text, in a grid or table like format, 3 or 4 across. not sure how exactly that's done in Plone or whether one needs an addon for it to make it easier.
>
> if you think the design is cool then the thumbnail should be a requirement for anyone wanting to post something in the Exhibition section. just add it to the form for Exhibition submissions.
>
> scott

> --
> Marco Donnarumma
> New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.
> ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
> The University of Edinburgh, UK

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.