[Pdweb] rename "download Pd" to "Downloads"

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:06:28 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>wrote:

> yes, organization sounds good :)
> I'm keen to work and maintain the design, if others are ok with it.
>
> Also agree with Nicolas, about working first on a dev domain, and then
> migrate to the live website.
> is it feasible?

Definitely that is the way. By "duplicating" I meant exactly this: to make
a completely independent, not publicly visible copy of the existing web
site, where we can play around until it's perfect.
Attention: we'll have to take into account, however, that the existing web
site may evolve meanwhile we're playing around with the copy, so before
finally swapping in the new one for the old one, we'll have to make sure
that any content that was added to the new one is reflected on the new one
as well. We'll how see how exactly this is best achieved.

About the first steps: according to [1] it's not really a copy of the
existing site that we'll need but an EMPTY Plone 3.3.x install. When
IOhannes has the time to set it up, we're ready to go.

[1]
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/upgrade-pre-2.5-releases-to-the-latest-release

András