[Pdweb] rename "download Pd" to "Downloads"

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 9 22:41:50 CET 2012

On 11/09/2012 07:06 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> Definitely that is the way. By "duplicating" I meant exactly this: to
> make a completely independent, not publicly visible copy of the existing
> web site, where we can play around until it's perfect.
> Attention: we'll have to take into account, however, that the existing
> web site may evolve meanwhile we're playing around with the copy, so
> before finally swapping in the new one for the old one, we'll have to
> make sure that any content that was added to the new one is reflected on
> the new one as well. We'll how see how exactly this is best achieved.

glad to see so much activity here...

> About the first steps: according to [1] it's not really a copy of the

the biggest problem i remember is, that the puredata.info instance uses
a custom plone product for storing media files on the filesystem rather
than within the zodb.
currently, there are about 3GB of files external to the zodb; after an
upgrade those files should still be available somehow.
this might require either someone with zope/plone skills illing to
upgrade that product manually or a patient hand (manually copying the
files).

> existing site that we'll need but an EMPTY Plone 3.3.x install. When
> IOhannes has the time to set it up, we're ready to go.

i'm basically out-of-office for the next 2 weeks, but after that my
stress level should diminsh considerably.

fgmasdr
IOhannes