[Pdweb] autobuild.puredata.info --> apt.puredata.info

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 16 13:28:24 CET 2012

On 11/01/2012 09:37 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> For nightly builds, I'm thinking of scripting it to post the packages to apt.puredata.info/autobuild, unless there is any objections.  For backwards compatibility with the old setup, it would be nice to have the old domain name, autobuild.puredata.info, point to apt.puredata.info.  No other translation should be necessary.

actually i want to reconsider this.

i'm totally fine with providing web-space for both apt.p.u and autobuild.p.i

but i consider it a bad idea to have the autobuilds be available via
apt.p.i as the "primary" place.

i would suggest to keep http://autobuild.puredata.info/ for the
autobuilds, and http://apt.puredata.info/ for the apt-installable packages.
keeping those names apart makes it so much easier to separate the
services if need be. and it doesn't really add any overhead.

so while apt.puredata.info and autobuild.puredata.info  _currently_
point to the same page, we should keep them separated on a semantic level.

(actually i wanted to report that the downloads-links for
pd-extended/OSX point to the wrong place (apt...), but then i discovered
that this is seems to be by intention)

please revert.

fgmadsr
IOhannes