[Pdweb] new website / upgrading plone version (was: rename "download Pd" to "Downloads")

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 22 12:54:59 CET 2012

Hello all,

I was thinking on how we may manage this switching, specially if we must
have to start from a fresh install, I think there are few clear steps:

1 - installing a new hidden plone.
2 - thinking the architecture of the new site
3 - filling the architecture with the "old" content
4 - graphical design of the new site
5 - filling the website with member contents
6 - checking and switching to the new version.

A proposal on how we should do that:
step 1 : handled by Andras.
step 2 : discussion on this list
step 3 : handled by section responsables (if we agree on this kind of
organisation)
step 4 : discussion on this list and marco's implementation.
step 5 : maybe we can send a mail to every member of the actual site to
have them move their own content?
step 6 : pdweb-list and maybe pd-list help.

I think it's no problem if we have all this switching lasting a few
months. The longest step for me is step 5, and I think it's really
better if we let a long time to people to switch their content.
An intermediate part of the website between members and architecture is
the community section, where it is good to have people create their own
page for patching circles and others. I am ok to write a little tutorial
to achieve an homogen creation of specific pages, and to write
individual mails to each local groups member.

best,

http://nim.on.free.fr