[Pdweb] front page text

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:16:02 CET 2013

I think the first paragraph is lovely and we shall keep it as it is, to
avoid extra iterations.
I don't wholeheartedly agree with the rewrite of the 2nd paragraph: the
points about pd being free and being available in source are missing now,
as well as a the point that pd-extended is more than vanilla+externals but
it's also patched. Also, afaik, vanilla is not "written by" Miller but
rather "maintained" by him as it contains code from various authors. So, at
the end, I personally prefer how this paragraphed looked before the last
commit.
All this work being quite subjective (as it is free text not program code)
*please* give some reasons/rationale when you make change changes: why did
you do what you did, what is the improvement? Otherwise we might just keep
changing until the end of times :o)
I don't think we need the extra paragraph about graphical programming, but
a picture of an actual patch would tell a lot (without words).
I don't support mixing the 3rd and the 4th paragraph either - they are two
different points (extendability, history).

András