[Pdweb] next steps

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 28 09:50:59 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I think the main question is concerning the upgrade of plone. Shall we
upgrade or not?
If we want to upgrade the website, many modifications will be made
another way (css, footer, ...) and really simpler, so I'm not sure they
are useful to work on now.
But as we have discussed before the upgrade is a complex process, and
Iohannes has to be involved for a few key operations.

here is a copy of one of my mail of last november, that is still pertinent:
--
1 - installing a new hidden plone.
2 - thinking the architecture of the new site

A proposal on how we should do that:
step 1 : handled by Iohannes/Andras?
step 2 : discussion on this list
step 3 : handled by section responsables (if we agree on this kind of
organisation)
step 4 : discussion on this list and marco's implementation.
step 5 : maybe we can send a mail to every member of the actual site to
have them move their own content?
step 6 : pdweb-list and maybe pd-list help.

I think it's no problem if we have all this switching lasting a few
months. The longest step for me is step 5, and I think it's really
better if we let a long time to people to switch their content.
An intermediate part of the website between members and architecture is
the community section, where it is good to have people create their own
page for patching circles and others. I am ok to write a little tutorial
to achieve an homogen creation of specific pages, and to write
individual mails to each local groups member.
--

I think it's a very important point to upgrade plone, for now and future
years...

http://www.nimon.org