[GEM-dev] problem with multiple windows and buffer 1 option

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 7 07:59:52 CET 2023

On 10/27/23 14:46, cyrille henry wrote:
> Hello,
> I am experiencing a strange bug.
> See attachment.
> both patch works perfectly independently. But if I load both in the same
> time, then drawing a primitive in the buffer 1 patch works only 90% of
> the time.
>
> can anyone reproduce this behaviours?
> (open the 2 patchs, create the 2 windows, play with primitive creation
> on the buffer1 patch : sometimes, when banging the primitive manually,
> it is not rendered.)
>
> thanks for any suggestion.

sorry, i've missed this mail (not so much traffic on gem-dev these days :-)

i don't have an answer yet, but:
- the context sharing behaviour is *highly* dependent on the windowing
backend. with [gemglxwindow] i get the behaviour you describe,
[gemglutwindow] doesn't work at all and [gemglfw3window] is somewhere
inbetween.
- clearing the single-buffered buffer (banging the [gemwin]) before
writing to it always appears to work (but of course, this is not what
you want)

gmasdr