[PD-dev] PD canvas interaction - flext GUI

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 16 22:46:58 CEST 2002

Hi,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> We had several discussions already about redesigning the pd<->GUI
> comunication, I think that this in general is starting to be a bottleneck.

I think, the GUI is indeed interfering more and more with the realtime
audio. The worst it has become with the graph on parent feature. This
is a very cool feature, maybe one of the most useful innovations in Pd
0.35, but when I try to move a GOP abstraction in the parent, it
badly interrupts the audio stream to the dac~s.

This is not good. Of course, one could lessen this problem with a
threading design, but I think in my naivity, that 'repairing' the GUI
might be better/easier.

ciao