[PD-dev] object dependency management

max jacob m.jacob at tiscalinet.it
Wed Mar 16 19:44:29 CET 2005

> I'm not sure if i fully understand this, but having inlets/outlets
> according to a database query relies on the database being static,
> because inlets/outlets can't be changed afterwards...

what i look at are the structures of database tables (not their
content). once a table is created it shouldn't change (and if it does,
it is obvious that this will lead to incopatibility with everything
reaying on the previous version).

> It sounds like you are better off having just one object type with
> different messages - but i don't know exactly what you want to do with
> it.

this would be much less handy for the user. no, i just keep things as
they are and will skip the allocation in/outlets according to the table
structures.

> all the best,
> Thomas

thanks