[PD-dev] remote control

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Sun Mar 27 17:20:01 CEST 2005

Hello,

maybe just use iARS and make a application instead of plugin for browser

[...]
> (something similar to http://www.grenzenlosefreiheit.de)
> It should be a simple GUI, with that you can send OSC messages.

yes

> The user can create the GUI in the following ways:
>
> - via specific OSC messages you can create GUI elements from the central
> computer (so in PD or Supercollider ...) with a kind of automatic layout -
> so you don't have to do it on the PDA

ok, but no OSC interface at the moment

> - on the PDA you can add GUI elements with automatic layout (so thats
> really easy to use and you don't have to read a tutorial etc.)

yes with simple xml - skript

> - you should be able to make more complex GUIs with QT-Designer (I will
> implement it in Qt/C++) - okay, now maybe you have to read a small tutorial
> ... ;)

yes you can add QT elements to gui.

> The PDAs should also be networked, so that you can use multiple PDAs and if
> someone changes a specific OSC message the value should also be changed on
> the other PDAs.

thats problem of the pd patch, since pd is also a local backend on the pda.

maybe a little work to do to adapt iARS, its on the sourceforge so, you can
just enhance it, maybe with a own branch

mfg winfried