[PD-dev] pddp style guide

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Wed May 4 13:08:36 CEST 2005

> sure, they are great resource, mostly for learning about Max
> peculiarities, but with nice introductory parts, esp. in msp tuts.
>
> However, there are musicians, new to technology, which are
> lost if left on their own with Max tutorials, and there are
> advance hackers, which find them naive and bad style.

Ok, so lets drop the port idea then.
So what can we offer newbies that find the currenct documentation too
difficult (millers book)?
Is a text that deals with pd pecularities necessary. What level of dsp
knowledge should it assume?

Id like to be able to make a stronger case for pd vs. max at school: besides
the pro's that are allready there, platforms, licence, freedom etc etc. (I
don't have to preach to the choir im assuming).
I still like the idea of a 'mikrokosmos for pd'. Anybody else too?

Anton