[PD-dev] Re: array locks

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun May 22 19:19:41 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

I'm hoping to get it to a point where it won't change much by the time 0.39 is
stable... judging from past experience, that might be another 3 months or
so.

I'm now worried that, having unified garrays and arrays-in-data, we might
need an entirely different buffering scheme for handling 8-, 16- and 32-bit
arrays, especially once the 64 bit version of Pd comes into wider use.  But
also, 32-bit arrays are probably overkill for buffering images.  I'm hoping
to experiment with unifying the "tilde" stuff with image I/O this summer, which
will bring this question to a head.

cheers
Miller