[PD-dev] pd.app & internal paths

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 15 18:55:28 CET 2005

Hallo,
james tittle hat gesagt: // james tittle wrote:

> ...back to working on the app_pkg stuff, and I have a question:  how
> are we supposed to access the internally-kept abstractions?
> Currently, pd++.app/Contents/Resources/extra & pd++.app/Contents/
> Resources/doc/5.reference seem to be the only places that are in pd's
> path by default, yet there is also the pd++.app/Contents/Resources/
> doc/abstractions folder that includes footils/list-abs, among other
> things:  what is the strategy to access this?

Actually this may be a good time to generally discuss how to deal with
abstractions. In my opinion there should be a common place for
abstractions like "extra" is for externals. No messing with the
Pd-path should be necessary to see these abstractions.

Of course we could simply use "extra" as well. Personally I prefer to
keep abstractions and externals apart. But I would really like to see
an "install target" for abstractions as well. I would vote for
"PD_ROOT/abs/", and maybe also a special help path
"PD_ROOT/doc/6.abs.reference/" to put the help files for these
abstractions. (All [list]-abs files contain proper help patches.)

Ciao