[PD-dev] I have 3 broken installs [was: Re: double precision Pd: .patch files, tests and benchmarks]

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:19:13 CEST 2011

>>> Yes definitely, we should let everyone who wants to be get involved.  I
>>> am just saying with need a development platform to start with.  Once that's
>>> nailed down, we can deal with more issues, like porting to libpd, dealing
>>> with externals that could be either 32-bit or 64-bit, etc.
>>>
>>> I setup a nightly build on the macosx106-x86_64 and called it pd-double.
>>>  Andras and r33p, if you are listening, could you run this build on your
>>> 64-bit boxes also?  All you need to do is:
>>>
>>> ~pd/auto-build
>>> cp -a pd-extended pd-double
>>>

>> Listening now.
>> I did:
>> $ cd ~pd/auto-build
>> $ sudo cp -a pd-extended pd-double
>> What's next? Shall I try patching or rather pull IOhannes's  sources?
>>

>> If you have the run-automated-builder script in a cron job, that is all
>> you have to do.
>>
>> .hc
>>

> Ah, so tomorrow a single and double precision build will automatically be
> made? Cool.
>
> Also, as I was busy with my life (buying a flat) these days, and I couldn't
> follow the list as precisely as I wished, could you advise me what's the
> current best way to roll my own double precision pd? Because I would like to
> benchmark a fully optimised one.
>

> That would great to have those numbers. [...]

Aaargh. I've arrived to the point where I have almost no functional pd on my
box (with the exception of l2ork).
vanilla says: "bash: /usr/bin/pd: No such file or directory" (i remember
this is a known issue... for 64bit? can it be fixed by any chance?)
extended (latest autobuild), and the fresh-built double keep on saying
"watchdog: signaling pd..."
What did I mess up? Will complete removals/reinstalls help?

Andras