[PD-dev] building fluid~ on Linux (was: [PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:51:25 CET 2021

On 1/10/2021 6:06 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>  From what I understand, the
> [fluidsynth~] external doesn't make use of this stuff, so there is no
> point in bloating the library and the number of dependencies
> unnecessarily.

We have and older Windows build system (which is more straight forward
and can also be cross-compiled, not based on the msys2 pkg). This build
does not use FLAC/Vorbis/OGG binaries. It just use libsndfile. We should
re-consider if building with the bloated msys2 pkg is needed.

We should do some testing with compressed sf3 files. (I only tested the
"hedOrgan-Soundfont-sf3.zip" and it works on both types of builds)