[PD-dev] branch names (was Re: figuring out how to get everything merged)

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Feb 6 23:07:13 CET 2023

> Afterwards, maybe current development can be in the branch until
> ready, ie. feature/multi-channel or develop/0.54, etc?
That's what I would suggest in general.

It would be great if all new features, rewrites, experiments, etc. could
be made in feature branches. This has several advantages:

1. When working in a feature branch, you can mess around without
worries. In the worst case, you can just roll back and force push. Also,
it allows to squash the commits before merging for a nicer commit
history (= less intermediate commits)

2. We can merge the develop branch into master any time and make bugfix
releases while simulatanouesly working on new features.

3. The master branch would always be stable.

Christof