[PD-dev] Suggestions for 0.54

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:44:22 CEST 2023

Oh, I remember another idea I had proposed earlier, but not on github.

We could have an object that tells us the number of channels in a
connection, ideally, if this object is being fed by an [inlet~] object it
could tell us whether no signal is connected to the [inlet~] by outputting
'0' as the number of channels.

My use cases involve abstractions so it could all be implemented as well as
a built in functionality in [inlet~].

I already have an external in ELSE and I use it to manage an output
abstraction. When I see it has a multichannel stereo connection input I do
split it with [snake~ out]. I could then do the same for Vanilla's new
[output~] abstraction.

cheers